Saturday, June 20, 2015

Rob "the metal guy" Rants About Metal #6


    Another week full of metal news and crap that I can express my thoughts on. Oh what fun...
   
    To begin, Morbid Angel should win an award for confusing the hell out of their fan base and the entire metal music media. At one point I did not even know who was still in the band! First Trey talked about how him and Steve Tucker were working on stuff and the new Morbid Angel album would be a “...world beater.” Whatever the hell that was supposed to mean, it got everyone thinking David Vincent was out. However, David released a statement later that day saying that he was never asked to leave the band! What? The metal world literally went crazy with different scenarios such as their possibly being two vocalists in the band or that the band would split into two factions. People actually thought their might be a possibility of two Morbid Angels! Then Tim Yeung the drummer decided to leave the band for financial reasons. A few days later the band’s second guitarist Destructhor decided he was on his way out. At the end of this week I did not even know if Trey was in the band. Maybe Morbid Angel was a spiritual entity that would go on releasing albums.
    Well, I guess some of the confusion has been put to rest as David Vincent released a statement saying him and Trey are not going to be working together and he is moving onto new musical projects. Still, Morbid Angel confused the heck out of me this past week and I will not be enthusiastic if I hear there is a new album coming out. From now on I shall refer to Morbid Angel as Morbid Confusion. Don’t get me wrong, their music is some of the death metal’s finest (minus most of the songs if not all on that last album). Though I really will have a hard time believing anything moving forward that the band has to say, especially if posted on a metal media site.
    Next topic, would you believe it? Eddie Van Halen said something disrespectful about former bass player Michael Anthony. Wow, how old are these rockers?! They are worse than a group of high school drama queens! Eddie said in some stupid interview with Billboard that “...Every note Mike ever played, I had to show him how to play. Before we'd go on tour, he'd come over with a video camera and I'd have to show him how to play all the parts.” To summarize that quote for everyone, Eddie Van Halen is trying to tell people that he has an inflated ego and is unbelievably arrogant. In every interview that I have heard with Michael Anthony, I have never heard him make any strong critical comments or disrespectful comments for that matter about Eddie. Also, Eddie is getting old and bitter and probably realizes that most fans would like to see the original line-up. Wouldn’t be surprised if the band needs to cancel their tour due to Eddie’s health issues. He treated his body worse than Fred Sanford treated Aunt Esther on Sanford and Son.
    I think that is enough for this week. I swear these musicians are more childish than my three year old nephew. One day I would like to see metal news reporting sites just focus on young metal bands and their awesome new albums. Unfortunately, if not for these ridiculous rockers and their drama...What would I have to rant about?

No comments:

Post a Comment